Welcome to Borderlands Q & A Wiki!Edit
Welcome to Borderlands Q & A Wiki, Fryguy42. Thanks for contributing! I hope you join in and ask or answer some more questions. You can find the new questions on the WikiActivity page. If you need any help, have a look at Help:Wikianswers or contact Wikia staff. You can also check our Staff blog to keep up-to-date with the latest news and events around Wikia.
I got this message on my Talk Page. I'm still learning my way around. Was this intended for me? If so, I'm not sure what all the offer entails.
offer of r0llbaXX0r powers stands. just contact me via gmail or gchat and we'll discuss the details. my gmail isn't terribly hard to find, if you know where to look.  23:01, April 14, 2012 (UTC)
- yep. message was received as intended. i left a similar message on your isp talk page but left a proper one when I saw that you had signed up. "rollback" ability allows a user to quickly undo incidents of vandalism. personally I prefer that the actual "rollback" button isn't used (i prefer to use the "undo" button as it leaves a more apparent paper trail) but the title does confer a certain status and responsibility to the user.
Well, I tried to contact you via gmail and gchat, but to no avail. So, I guess I don't know what I'm doing because I have never used gchat before. So, I'll try this again.
I would be glad to take up your offer, or follow whatever protocols you prefer. I will be busy for awhile, but will be checking back. Drmaxman 00:21, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
perhaps "r0llbaXX0r" is not as generally used term as one might think. i find it more productive to speak plainly until i and the party i am communicating w/ are on familiar terms. 08:28, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
Hey again. This is happypal. I'm exploring this "Q&A" wiki per your request. So, is this a separate wiki, a sub-wiki or what? I've never been here before. I'll see if I can become a simple contributor, but I don't have the time to be anything more for now. happypal, out.
- thanks, happy. i think, given the amount of traffic this wikia sees, axman (the rollbacker / chatmod) and i have things pretty much under control. what this wiki needs now is dedicated users that can provide accurate and non-troll-worthy answers. any help you can direct that way will be greatly appreciated. 20:51, April 23, 2012 (UTC)
Re: Source Code for SigEdit
I was trying to see the source code for "community-corner" to see same for my sig, but it says it is locked, and I can't scroll down far enough to see it. Post code on my talk page or email me? Drmaxman 20:44, April 23, 2012 (UTC)
- community corner is just that, the community corner. the right side menu. i updated it with the fact that i added an "auto-refresh" feature to the wiki activity page. 21:37, April 23, 2012 (UTC)
Veg: RE Edit
Thanks for the Welcome. I mainly just pop in for a Min. to see if i can answer any relatively easy questions since my time is limited most of the time. I am splitting my time between BL wiki, Playfire.com, IGN Borderlands Boards, and here. I will help as best i can. 03:59, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
- 'preciate it. fact is I tag more pages for deletion than I actually answer. you will find a list of useful templates and shortcuts on my userpage to help deal with the daily traffic.
I noticed that questions asking for discussion/opinion are marked as speedydelete, and users are redirected to the forum. While I agree with the result, I'll have to disagree with the form:
- Currently, the template stresses the deletion of the question, and then states, if you really want to, that you can go on the forum.
- I think it should instead first stress that the user will get better answers in the forum. Then, mention that the question will eventually get deleted.
I know it is a subtle change, but every time I see that template, I get the feeling we are acting like ass-holes... Do you mind if I try to rephrase the template?
Also, do we really want our own forums? I think it would be more productive to just use w:c:borderland's forums, no?
- have at the templates, happy. most are just quick hack-and-pastes copied from BL.wiki. 'preciate teh help, mate. 03:53, May 15, 2012 (UTC)
Answering Questions. Edit
Is there a problem with this wiki involving answering unanswered questions or have I been blocked for some reason? Every time I try to answer a question in the answer box and hit save, it gets erased. 03:06, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for the welcome. I'm new to editing so once again thanks for the link. I will help out with some of the
- hello, lee. welcome again to teh QA wiki. all help is greatly appreciated. cheers, mate.